Thinking of getting a new garage door? Your decision might already be warranted, but there are actually plenty of factors to consider. You might not realize it yet, but reaching a final decision on whether to get a new door has to go through a process.
Consider the different factors involved. There are quite a few and it depends on various circumstances. One of the foremost factors though is the cost of the new garage door. Is it within your budget? Do you even have a budget for it at all? Those are just a few things related to cost that are worth considering.
To help you and other homeowners who have a similarly tight budget for their new garage door, you should consult Garage Door Repair Garland TX for a price guide. And it should be a garage door price guide for 2021 so you’ll know the latest prices as well as other important and related information.
The Price of a New Garage Door
How much does a new garage door cost?
A new garage door has a price range of $250.00 to $10,000.00. That is such a wide range of price but it can be explained by the diversity in the design, size, and materials of the garage doors.
The price range can be divided into three different categories – basic, mid-range, and high-end categories. Here’s a breakdown of each one including details:
- Basic ($250 – $1,000) – These are pre-made garage doors that can be bought off the shelf. They are usually made from steel and most have little or no windows.
- Mid-Range ($800 – $2,500) – This is a slight step-up from the basic category of garage doors. These are often insulated. In this category, the materials are already varied and include glass, fiberglass, wood, and steel. There are moderate design elements in these doors.
- High-End ($1,500 – $10,000) – In this category, the garage doors are usually highly customized while having faux wood or solid construction. There are various styles to choose from, from carriage to roll-up, to tilt-up. These almost always come insulated.
Garage Door Prices by Material
Looking at garage door prices by material is also important. And it’s especially important since a lot of people make their decisions based on the type of material that they want for their garage doors.
- Wood ($1,000 – $5,500)
- Faux Wood / Composite ($750 – $6,100)
- Aluminum ($500 – $2,000)
- Fiberglass ($850 – $3,000)
- Steel ($500 – $3,200)
- Vinyl ($700 – #2,100)
- Screen Doors ($20 – $1,300)
Garage Door Pricing by Style
Garage door prices can also vary based on style. On average, it has a range of $400 to $6,000. However, even though you or other homeowners might put a lot of consideration into it, style isn’t as important as size material, or customization when it comes to pricing. But you also need to be aware that there are garage door types that have what can be considered as premium price tags when it’s customized in wood. Examples of that are French or carriage types.
This simple garage door price guide for 2021 should be able to provide some assistance for anyone looking to get a new garage door. It gives a good idea of the kind of budget you need to have when you start the process of looking for your door.